Hola Amigos !!!
Another fine day, I was out of all options to prepare dinner and it just struck me "How about a Cous-Cous Salad" . It is very light and tummy filling recipe , more importantly very easy to make as there is no cooking part involved .
Origin : CousCous has different names in many countries and its early history dates back to the 13th century Moroccans. As for Avocado its the home to native Mexico.
Nutrition : Well any dietician would say Cous Cous is the best food during a perfect diet. Its high Vitamin content makes it a step higher than Pasta and also rich in Proteins. Avocado is a rich fibre fruit, helps in reducing cholesterol . Both together makes an ideal light meal.
This is what you need :
1. Cous Cous - 1 cup
2. Avocado - 1 (cut into cubes)
3. Cucumber - 1/4 cup(cut into cubes)
4. Carrot - 1/4 cup( cut into cubes)
5. Olives - 10
6. Tomato - 1/4 cup
7. Corn - 1/4 cup(Boiled)
8. Bell Pepper - 1/4 cup( cut into cubes)
9. Onion - 1/4 cup(optional)
10. Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
11. Salt - to taste
12. Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
13. Hot Water - 3/4 cup
This is how you do :
1. Add 3/4 cup of boiling water to Cous Cous in a bowl and add a pinch of salt to it.Keep it aside for 5 - 10 Mins.
2. In another bowl mix all the vegetables together by adding required salt and Olive oil.
3. After Cous Cous is ready, add the vegetable mixture and mix them well. Finally add lemon juice and garnish with cilantro . Enjoy yummy Salad !