Etymology : The word Capsicum christened by the great Botanist Joseph Pitton .
Origin : Originally from America and better known as "Bell Pepper" now right into the tummies of all hot n spicy food lovers. I tried this dish last week and it came out lip smacking!. This is simply a veggie treat and it goes well with either plain or flavoured rice.This is what you want :
Potatoes -1/3 cup
Green Peas-1/4 cup
Crumbled Paneer -1/4 cup
Sweet Corn-1/4 cup
Green Chillies -5
Red Chili Powder-1/2 tsp(divide into two portions)
Salt- to taste & Oil - to fry
Lemon Juice- 1 tsp
Cumin powder- 1/4 tsp
Bread Crumbs-2 tbsp
This is how you do :
Preparing Potato Mixture:
1. Boil Potatoes in cooker or microwave and mash them
2. Add salt,cumin powder and one portion of red chili powder and mix them quite well .
Preparing Capsicum :
1. Remove the top of the capsicum (remove the seeds) it will now look like cups.
2.Add one tsp of oil in a microwave dish and add the capsicum and close the lid of the dish.
3. Keep it in microwave for 2-3 Mins ,so that its cooked a little and allow it to cool for a while.
Preparing Vegetable Mixture:
1. Microwave the Shredded Cabbage and Carrot and Sweet Corn for 3 Min
2.In a Kadai, add some oil and after it is hot add the onions ,green chillies and salt and fry until the onions become translucent.
3.Now add the Boiled Vegetables,Green Peas and fry for 2-3 min until the taste gets mixed in the whole mixture.
4.Add the crumbled panner and cover the Kadai and cook in the low flame for 1-2 mins.
5. Finally add coriander and switch off the heat and add the lemon juice
6. Allow the mixture to cool
1. After the mixture is cool , fill the vegetable mixture into the capsicum cups up to three -fourth and then add the potato mixture to complete the filling .
2.Finally coat the bread crumbs above the potato filling .Repeat the above procedure for all the capsicum cups.
3. Heat a Kadai and add some oil to fry.
4. After the oil gets heated ,arrange the capsicum in the inverted position and cover the pan
5.Let the stuffed capsicum cook in low flame for few Min until there is a golden brown crust on the upper layer of the capsicums
6. Now carefully turn the capsicum to all the sides and allow it to cook a little bit more
Delicious Stuffed Capsicum is Ready to Eat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!